The Ruffwear Approach Pack is fantastic for camping, hiking or simply walking your dog. The pouches on the side can be used for first aid kits, food, water or leads, putting everything you need for your dog in one place. For people hiking or camping the Ruffwear Approach Pack is a great place to keep a first aid kit and backup fire lighting kit, having backup kit is always worth doing incase you become separated from your main bag. Also having a first aid kit which you can call to you could prove invaluable in the wild.
It’s recommended that your dog carry no more than 25% of their body weight in their dog pack. If your dog is new to dog packs, start with a light load and work up to a heavier load as your dog gets accustomed to wearing the pack.
Features and Benefits
- Attached saddlebags feature an efficient, weight-forward design
- The Web Master™ Harness frame provides load stability and weight distribution
- Padded assistance handle makes it easy to help dogs up and over obstacles
- Trail-ready details: stash pockets, coated zips, and external gear loops
- Single-piece, anodised aluminium V-ring leash attachment provided a secure leash attachment point
- Low-light visibility with reflective trim
Check out this video on measuring your dog’s girth.